Prep 40 mins
Cook 25 mins
Make great snacks for camping trips.
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup milk (whole, low-fat, or nonfat)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 medium zucchini, washed (about 6 ounces)
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients; set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until lightly beaten.
- Add in the brown sugar and oil.
- Continue to whisk mixture until it is thick and pale brown (about 2 minutes).
- Whisk in the milk and vanilla extract.
- Use the large holes of a box grater and grate the zucchini directly into the wet ingredients; stir to blend.
- Stir in the flour mixture just until moistened and the zucchini is evenly distributed (don't overmix).
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full.
- Bake in a 400° oven for 25 minutes or until muffins have firm rounded tops and pick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Set muffin tin on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- Turn muffins out of pan and cool for 5 more minutes on rack before serving.
- Cool muffins completely before sealing in an airtight container or in freezer bags.
These muffins are a bit dry. They need more flavor. Next time I'll add cinnamon. My son liked them. Thanks ratherbeswimmin :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game