Recipe by Lighthouse Rita
This is a nice simple tasty vegetable side dish. I usually make it during the holidays.
Top Review by cookiedog
I loved all the herbs in this and it made me remember how much I love zucchini. It is very cheesy and so easy to make. I'll be repeating this one again! Thank you Rita! Made for PAC '10
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add zucchini and onions and cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add seasonings to zucchini mixture.
- In a large bowl, eggs, cheese, and mustard.
- Add zucchini mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour into a casserole dish that has been sprayed with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake 35 minutes, or until lightly browned.