Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a nice simple tasty vegetable side dish. I usually make it during the holidays.
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Melt margarine in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add zucchini and onions and cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add seasonings to zucchini mixture.
- In a large bowl, eggs, cheese, and mustard.
- Add zucchini mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour into a casserole dish that has been sprayed with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake 35 minutes, or until lightly browned.
I loved all the herbs in this and it made me remember how much I love zucchini. It is very cheesy and so easy to make. I'll be repeating this one again! Thank you Rita! Made for PAC '10
Loved it! It was very tasty and not runny/watery, yet not at all dry. I used a mix of mozzarella and swiss cheeses. I used 1 clove of fresh garlic in place of the garlic powder. I'll be making this again..... especially in summer when the zucchini and yellow squash are abundant. Thanx!
We enjoyed this with our Christmas dinner! I love the flavour, but I will use fresh garlic next time...as we grow our own. I cooked it in the wood cookstove, and it came out beautifully. Thank you for sharing this recipe that we will make again and again!