Recipe by SB6
Close family friend who has shared many great italian recipes gave this to Mom years ago. Still our all time way to cook zucchini. Up to you about how many layers to use. You can use italian seasoning in place of oregano, if you like.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
Yum! This was a great way to cook zucchini. I loved the onions and bacon. I also really loved the tomato base from the ketchup. I used an 8 by 8 casserole dish and it seemed to be a good size. Congratulations on your win, SB6! :)
- 3 -4 medium zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 medium onion, sliced in rings
- 4 -5 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled-reserve fat
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- In reserved fat, saute onions until cooked, remove & set aside on a paper towel. Add zucchini to pan & saute until cooked, drain on paper towel. In casserole layer- zucchini, onion, salt & pepper, oregano, bacon & dot with ketchup. Continue until all are used. Finish with bacon & ketchup. Bake at 350@ for 20-30 minutes until hot & bubbly.