Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
My sister-in-law gave me this and I tweaked it to suit our tastes. It is actually pretty good, especially when Crab costs more!! I made them for a group of church people and they all devoured them...lol. I didn't have the heart to tell them there was no crab in them...lol. Cook time is frying time
- 2 1⁄2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (I use 3 cheese flavor or italian)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder (you can use less if you prefer but we love garlic)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup flour mixed with 3 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- oil (for frying)
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) canwhite albacore chunk tuna in water, drained and flaked
- In large bowl combine zucchini, egg and butter.
- Stir in bread crumbs, onion, celery and seasonings.
- Mix well.
- Add tuna and fold in Can add another egg if needed.
- Shape into patties and dredge with flour mixture.
- In med. skillet, heated, add oil to it.
- brown patties until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with tarter sauce on buns. Add lettuce, tomato and red onion slices to top the burges. Also serve with dill dip (like mayonnaise on the bun).