Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These taste just like the ones made with crab...most people don't know the difference. It's a good way to use up zucchini during "zucchini season."
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- onion, chopped as desired
- green pepper, chopped as desired
- 1 -2 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 -3 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- oil (for frying) (optional)
- Preheat oil for frying in pan. If you want to eliminate the oil, preheat a non-stick pan and spray with PAM or equivalent.
- Mix all ingredients together and form into patties.
- Fry in oil till browned and crisp.
Not sure what kind of crab cakes you have had. Mine didn't clump in any way and tasted pretty horrible. Maybe I did something wrong.
This just didn't suit our tastes. It did have a slight hint of "crab" flavor, but tasted more like fried stuffing patties.