Recipe by Rita~
My GF (Dolly) had given me this recipe and of course I had to give it my touches(tweaked). This is a great way to use all those extra zucchini you have growing out in that garden of yours! No one will ever know it's made from zucchini! Bring on a picnic and watch all the faces. helpful step by step check out this link http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=226625
- 1419.54-1892.72 ml zucchini (peel, cut lengthwise, remove seeds, slice 1/4-inch thick)
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml fresh grated nutmeg
- 1.23 ml fresh ground cardamom
- 7.39 ml cream of tartar
- 29.58 ml cornstarch or 29.58 ml flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vinegar (I have used white and apple cider both are good)
- 14.79 ml butter
- 2 ready pie crusts, Pillsbury
- 2.46 ml sugar, for topping the crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook zucchini slices in boiling water until barely tender, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from stove and drain very well and cool.Remove as much moisture as you can with paper towels.
- In a bowl, toss zucchini with sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, cream of tartar, cornstarch or flour, and salt until well coated.
- Place lightly floured pastry in a 9-inch, pan.
- Fill with zucchini mixture.
- Dot with butter, drizzle with vinegar.
- Top with crust.
- Brush top crust lightly with water and sprinkle crust with sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425.
- Reduce heat to 350 and bake about 45 minutes.
- Serve hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Or serve chilled.