1/12 Photos of Zucchini Mock Apple Pie
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
My GF (Dolly) had given me this recipe and of course I had to give it my touches(tweaked). This is a great way to use all those extra zucchini you have growing out in that garden of yours! No one will ever know it's made from zucchini! Bring on a picnic and watch all the faces. helpful step by step check out this link http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=226625
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 cups zucchini (peel, cut lengthwise, remove seeds, slice 1/4-inch thick)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vinegar (I have used white and apple cider both are good)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 ready pie crusts, Pillsbury
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar, for topping the crust
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Cook zucchini slices in boiling water until barely tender, about 2 minutes.
- 3Remove from stove and drain very well and cool.Remove as much moisture as you can with paper towels.
- 4In a bowl, toss zucchini with sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, cream of tartar, cornstarch or flour, and salt until well coated.
- 5Place lightly floured pastry in a 9-inch, pan.
- 6Fill with zucchini mixture.
- 7Dot with butter, drizzle with vinegar.
- 8Top with crust.
- 9Brush top crust lightly with water and sprinkle crust with sugar.
- 10Bake for 15 minutes at 425.
- 11Reduce heat to 350 and bake about 45 minutes.
- 12Serve hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 13Or serve chilled.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Mock Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.3
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 3.0 mg
- Sodium 323.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 27.1 g
- Protein 3.1 g