This is a good base for pasta or pizza sauce. When thawed, just add garlic, herbs and cheese and away you go. This works just as well with canned tomatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop or partially puree tomatoes to your liking.
- 2Heat oil in large pan.
- 3Add onion and celery, saute for about 10 minutes or until onion and celery are soft.
- 4Add zucchini and cook until soft.
- 5Add tomatoes, sugar and salt.
- 6Bring to boil, and turn down to a simmer.
- 7Simmer for 30 minutes.
- 8Cool and pack into freezer containers.
- 9Freeze up to 3 months.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for " Zucchini Mix" in Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (2172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.8
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 462.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 2.5 g