Recipe by lazyme
This is a great way to use up zucchini and a good side dish with a Mexican entree.
Top Review by Muffin Goddess
We loved this! The landlord had given us some ginormous summer squashes (the "yellow zucchini", lol) from his garden, and I was looking for a different way to prepare them. Oddly enough, I was a bit skeptical of the cheese in this before trying it, but we both really enjoyed it. DH actually had two big servings of it with dinner (usually he asks for a second helping of the protein, but rarely the veggies). I'll have to keep this recipe on hand for zucchini season, thanks for posting! Made for The Honeys for ZWT8
- 1 medium onion, slice thinly
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes, cutup, drained
- 2 tablespoons diced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder, seasoned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in oil.
- Add remaining ingredients except for the cheese.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place zucchini mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish and top with cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until cheese melts.