Recipe by PaulaG
Great way to use fresh from the garden zucchini. This dish can be served as a side dish or over brown rice for a nice light meatless dish. Adjustments were made to the original recipe which comes from The New American Diet cookbook.
Top Review by Stardustannie
What a fantastic vege dish!! I made with all the listed ingredients but cut them all into small cubes and ommited the cheese. I cooked the carrot, celery and onion until soft first then added the remaining ingredients until they were done, leaving a slight crunch. My youngest Daughter who going has recently decided that she wants to be a vegetarian had her's served over rice. The rest of the family had it as a side. Reviewed for ZWT3. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 cups zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 medium red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄3 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1⁄3 cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 10-inch skillet, heat oil.
- Add the zucchini, carrots, onion, celery, green and red pepper, garlic, basil and pepper; mix well.
- Over medium-high heat cook covered for approximately 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix the salsa and mustard; add to vegetables mixing well.
- Add tomato wedges and cook uncovered for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until heated.
- Transfer to serving dish and sprinkle with grated cheese.