1/5 Photos of Zucchini Mexicali
Great way to use fresh from the garden zucchini. This dish can be served as a side dish or over brown rice for a nice light meatless dish. Adjustments were made to the original recipe which comes from The New American Diet cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 cups zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1 dash pepper
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1In a 10-inch skillet, heat oil.
- 2Add the zucchini, carrots, onion, celery, green and red pepper, garlic, basil and pepper; mix well.
- 3Over medium-high heat cook covered for approximately 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Mix the salsa and mustard; add to vegetables mixing well.
- 5Add tomato wedges and cook uncovered for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until heated.
- 6Transfer to serving dish and sprinkle with grated cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Mexicali
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.6
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 140.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat cheddar cheese