Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 box mushroom, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and cut in pieces
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (if you have very ripe tomatoes, you can add those chopped, with all the juice)
- Heat oil in a large fry pan, add the vegetables and garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute to desired doneness.
- Add tomato sauce, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley You can serve this on rice, or as a side dish, hot or cold or luke warm.
- You can put this on a ham sandwich.
- You can put this in an omelette and top with mozzarella and parmesan.
- You can add hot sauce or peppers to your liking.
- This is very versatile.
Good and easy side dish. Would also taste good over pasta. You're right this is a nice, versatile recipe. Thanks for sharing!