Recipe by newfie wanna be
When summer comes, we receive lots of beautiful huge zucchinis. This is a delicious way to cook them.I usually pour it over whole wheat pasta.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, peeled and diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oil on medium high heat in large skillet.
- Saute onion, garlic and basil about 2-4 minutes.
- Add zucchini, celery, carrots and tomatoes, cook about 4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, salt and pepper cook till veggies are soft.
- crumble cheese over mixture, turn heat down to medium-low till cheese melts.