Recipe by Bec
Very colorful! From "Cooking a la Heart"- Delicious Heart Healthy Recipes from the Mankato Heart Health Program, 1988.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 green pepper, cut in thin strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄3 cup taco sauce
- 2 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat oil.
- Add zucchini, carrot, onion, celery, green pepper, garlic powder, basil, pepper, dry mustard and taco sauce.
- Toss to mix well.
- Cover and cook over medium heat 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomato wedges and cook, uncovered, 3 to 5 minutes or until tomatoes are heated through.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.