Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
From the September 2006 Pillsbury cookbooklet.
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (1 large or 2 small)
- 1⁄3 cup Progresso Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- Heat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix all meat loaf ingredients until well blended. Press mixture into ungreased 9 1/2-inch deep-dish glass pie plate. Bake 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix all topping ingredients.
- Remove meat loaf from the oven; pour off drippings. Spread topping over loaf. Return to the oven; bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until thoroughly cooked in center and meat thermometer reads 160. Let stand 5 minutes before serving for juices to set up.
Easy to make and the result was extremely tasty. Even my picky kid loved it (and the non-picky one cleaned the dish!).