Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Havn't tried this recipe yet but hopefully will soon!!
- 1 (12 ounce) package shell macaroni or 1 (12 ounce) package corkscrew macaroni
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 (26 ounce) cansdel monte chunky garlic and herb spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candel monte diced tomatoes
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- Cook pasta in 8-quart pot according to package directions; drain. Keep pasta hot.
- Brown meat in 6-quart pot over medium-high heat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired; drain. Add onions; cook until tender. Stir in spaghetti sauce and undrained tomatoes; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. (Pour half of sauce into freezer container; cool, cover and freeze for another meal.).
- Add zucchini to remaining sauce; cover and cook over medium heat 7 to 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Serve sauce over hot pasta. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and garnish, if desired.
Made for from the Pantry Challenge Feb 2012. First let me explain that we loved the flavors of the sauce! It was even better the 2nd time around. I used shredded and and sliced zucchinni from my freezer, tomatoes from my freezer, and 2 jars of Healthy chunky sauce Prego. I also used the 2 lbs of hamburger as stated. This made so much sauce it certainly is rated wrong for 4 people. I would not hesitate to say it could serve up to 20-24 people at the minimum. The flavors were great and I will use this again to use up the several frozen bags of zucchini I have. I ended up freezing 4 qts and used it for 2 meals of 3. Thank you chef.