Recipe by bugsbunnyfan
Havn't tried this recipe yet but hopefully will soon!!
Top Review by Chef1MOM-Connie
Made for from the Pantry Challenge Feb 2012. First let me explain that we loved the flavors of the sauce! It was even better the 2nd time around. I used shredded and and sliced zucchinni from my freezer, tomatoes from my freezer, and 2 jars of Healthy chunky sauce Prego. I also used the 2 lbs of hamburger as stated. This made so much sauce it certainly is rated wrong for 4 people. I would not hesitate to say it could serve up to 20-24 people at the minimum. The flavors were great and I will use this again to use up the several frozen bags of zucchini I have. I ended up freezing 4 qts and used it for 2 meals of 3. Thank you chef.
- 1 (12 ounce) package shell macaroni or 1 (12 ounce) package corkscrew macaroni
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 (26 ounce) cansdel monte chunky garlic and herb spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candel monte diced tomatoes
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in 8-quart pot according to package directions; drain. Keep pasta hot.
- Brown meat in 6-quart pot over medium-high heat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired; drain. Add onions; cook until tender. Stir in spaghetti sauce and undrained tomatoes; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. (Pour half of sauce into freezer container; cool, cover and freeze for another meal.).
- Add zucchini to remaining sauce; cover and cook over medium heat 7 to 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Serve sauce over hot pasta. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and garnish, if desired.