A nice flavorful family dish with my homemade glaze
Make and share this Zucchini Meat Loaf recipe from Food.com.
FOR THE MEATLOAF
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves, dried
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
FOR THE GLAZE
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix all the meatloaf ingredients until well blended, then press this mixture into an ungreased 9 1/2 inch deep dish glass pie plate.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix all the topping ingredients well.
- After the 35 minutes remove meatloaf from the oven, and pour topping on the meatloaf, spreading evenly.
- Return the meatloaf to oven, and bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until thoroughly cooked in center, and a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.