1/6 Photos of Zucchini Marinata (Marinated Zucchini Salad)
4 hrs 15 mins
A simple marinated zucchini salad from Italy. The zucchini is uncooked but through marinating and the use of plenty of lemon juice the zucchini acquires an "al dente"/semi-cooked texture. I only make this recipe at the peak of zucchini season in summer when quality and selection are best. From Mediterranean Light. Especially good with fresh basil!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb zucchini, washed, sliced paper thin (or comparable squash such as crookneck or pattypan)
- 1 large lemon, juice of, more to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and cut in half
- 1 -2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh basil or 2 -3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Note: It is your choice to peel or not peel the zuchhini.
- 2Toss the thinly sliced zucchini with the lemon juice, garlic halves, olive oil; salt and pepper to taste. (If I think about it, sometimes I add a bit of finely grated lemon zest, too.) Remember to use a non-reactive bowl for marinating.
- 3Cover bowl and refrigerate 4-8 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 4Once you are ready to serve the salad, remove the garlic cloves. Save one garlic clove, finely minced and toss back into the salad along with the fresh herb of choice. *Important*: stir in the fresh herbs with the zucchini mixture [just] before serving.
- 5Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- 6Best eaten within 24 hours.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Marinata (Marinated Zucchini Salad)
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.3
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 1.5 g