Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A very easy, delicious soup to use up the overwhelming amount of garden zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups sliced zucchini (1/2-inch thick slices)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope tomato basil soup mix (Knorr)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup baby peas (fresh or frozen or thawed)
- 1⁄2 cup small shell pasta
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add in onion; stir/satue for about 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add in the garlic; stir/saute for 1 minute.
- Add teh zucchini; stir/saute about 3 minutes or until begins to soften.
- Add in the tomatoes and soup mix, stirring to blend.
- Bring to a boil and add the chicken broth, stirring up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Lower heat to medium-low; simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the peas and pasta; simmer another 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Serve in soup bowls; garnish with grated parmesan cheese, if desired.