Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simple, easy recipe for Diabetic's. Good served with pasta.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced basil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced zucchini
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add the onion and saute for 4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, parsley, and basil.
- Cook for 3 minutes Add the zucchini and cook for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
I've had similiar to this! However, my new beaux is not only diabetic but hypertensive! Barb, I will be looking for more of your recipes! THANK YOU!!!
Another great one for Barb! I really like zucchini and love to find new and different ways to prepare it. This recipe is simple and easy. I served it as a side with beans and rice as the main dish. This dish makes for an attractive presentation. Something I will do again soon.
Barb, I have several of your recipes in my cookbook because we seem to have the same taste when it comes to cooking. This, however is the first one I have made and it was delicious. I used all the ingredients, but decided to saute the garlic, onion and zucchini together and then added the tomatoes, etc. Used it as a side veggie for dinner. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to trying some of your other recipes as well.