Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
A nice moist loaf and a great way to use some of the zucchini that is growing faster than I can use at this time of the year. If you don't have a convection oven bake for 45 minutes. I like to sprinkle a sugar/ cinnamon mixture on the top of each loaf.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 cups raw zucchini, shredded
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- Shred zucchini and put into a strainer and press or squeeze with hands to get excess liquid out.
- Beat eggs, sugar, and apple sauce together.
- Add flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, and nuts.
- Mix together by hand.
- Add zucchini (minus liquid).
- Beat mixture.
- Pour into 3 greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake 35 minutes at 350°F on Convection setting.
This is a FABULOUS ZUCCHINI LOAF recipe!!! I made it for breakkie this morning and it was so very easy to put together and also rather quick, too. The hardest part was waiting for it to finish baking...;) The aroma while baking was heavenly and the finished loaf tasted oh so yummy! The cinnamon and vanilla go really well together and enhance the zucchini flavour. The applesauce gives a nice fruity sweetness to it. I made 1/3 of the recipe, cause I only wanted to have one small loaf, but I could have fit 1/2 the recipe in my pan, so next time Ill go with that. Since I dont have a convection oven I baked the loaf for 30 minutes at 350Â°F, turned the oven off and left it in for 15 more minutes, which was perfect. THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this super recipe with us! Ill surely make it often again! Made and reviewed for TYM Tag Game August 09.