Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Like many gardeners, I am overwhelmed with zucchini in the summer. I wanted a different way to serve them, that didn't use a lot of cheese to build flavor. You could make this using different pasta shapes, but if you do I suggest cutting the zucchini to similar size and shape. For example, if making with little shells, cut the zucchini is small dice. Portions based on serving as a side dish, but could also be a vegan main dish - in which case, serves 2. Feel free to serve with grated parmesan if you like, but we like it just fine without.
- 1⁄4 lb linguine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, minced
- 1 1⁄4 lbs zucchini, grated in long shreds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, shredded
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1. Cook linguine in salted, boiling water.
- 2. While pasta is cooking, healt butter and oil in large skillet. Saute onion and red pepper until tender. Add zucchini and saute until tender. Add remaining ingredients and mix to combine thoroughly.
- 3. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Add to zucchini and toss to combine. Add reserved cooking water as needed to moisten.