Recipe by Ypsi
A tropical spin on zucchini bread which plays up the light greenish flavors it has.
Top Review by Outta Here
This turns out a very moist loaf, but found it to be a bit bland. Couldn't really taste the lime or any of the spices. If I was to make it again, I would use more than 1/4 teaspoon of the spices. More like a teaspoon of each.
- 59.14-118.29 ml slivered almonds (optional) or 59.14-118.29 ml pistachios (optional)
- zest and juice of 2-3 lime
- 4.92 ml cardamom
- 59.14 ml sweetened flaked coconut (optional)
- 4.92 ml ginger (fresh or powdered)
- 946.36 ml coarsely shredded zucchini
- 709.77 ml flour
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 295.73 ml oil
- 4 eggs
- 2.46 ml salt
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325. Spray or grease 2 loaf pans very well.
- Place nuts, lime zest, cardamom, coconut, ginger and mace in food processor. Pulse until mixture resembles very coarse meal. Set aside.
- Place remaining ingredients in large mixing bowl/stand mixer in order listed. Add nut/lime/coconut mixture.
- Beat on low 1 minute.
- Beat on medium 1 minute.
- Pour into 2 loaf pans and bake at 325 for 1 hour; check for doneness. Generally done by 1 hour 15 minutes, depending on oven.
- Remove and let cool in pans 5 minutes; then turn out onto cooling rack.
- Mix a glaze: juice of 1 lime with enough confectioner's sugar to make it drizzly. Drizzle over cooled loaves.