Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
We receive several, sometimes many zucchini every week during the summer, and this is one of the more delicious uses. My little ones love this -- I call it Lime Bread to disguise the main ingredient. You can make a glaze from lime juice and confectioners' sugar, but the bread is so moist it doesn't need it.
- Beat the oil and sugar until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat vigorously. Stir in zucchini and lime.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves and salt in a bowl and mix well. Add to zucchini mixture and mix well.
- Spoon the batter into a well-greased 9x5-inch loaf pan or three greased mini loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes (small loaves) to 1 hour 15 minutes (large loaves). Cool in pan 20 minutes, then remove and cool completely.
- Note: For a glaze, whisk the juice and a little zest of a lime with 1 cup confectioners' sugar. Poke holes in hot loaf and pour the glaze over it. Let cool 30 minutes before removing from pan.
- Loaves, glazed or not, freeze well.
Something about this didn't work properly. It was in the oven baking for about 2 hours and it *still* didn't cook through. The oven's fine... it's not the oven. Maybe this needs more flour or something.
Really good zucchini bread; nice and moist and different flavors. I love the addition of the lime glaze - it gives it a special something! It's definitely kid and freezer friendly - yum!