Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very moist muffin and a nice way to use up the abundant zucchini growing in your garden. LOL The greatest thing about these muffins that they are only 3 WW points.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded zucchini
- 3⁄4 cup thawed frozen egg substitute
- 1⁄8 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄8 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- Preheat ovent to 350 degrees.
- Line tweleve 2.
- 5 inch muffin-pan cups with paper baking cups; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda set aside.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients, stirring to combine; add to flour mixture and stir until moistened (do not over mix).
- Fill each baking cup with an equal amount of batter (each will be in about 2/3 full).
- Bake in middle of center comes out dry.
- Remove muffins from pan to wire rack and let cool.
GREAT, GREAT MUFFINS! Easy to make & wonderful tasting, too! I, too, am a sucker for lemons, & was happy to increase the amount of zest used! This is definitely a recipe keeper ~ Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed in I Recommend Tag]
I loved the combination of the zucchini and lemon flavors. This makes a wonderfully light yummy muffin!! I used a combo of 1/2 wheat and 1/2 all purpose flours and eliminated the oil. I added an extra lemony zing by soaking my shredded zucchini in lemon juice and adding that juice in with the wet ingredients. I also upped the amount of lemon zest to a full tablespoon and added a teaspoon each of poppy seeds and nutmeg - I was just after a certain texture... The result was a lovely batch of moist muffins that rose nicely and looked divinely sunny on our breakfast table. A huge winner in my opinion - My Thanks to Audrey M!!!