Recipe by WiGal
A recipe my mother makes for her quilting group. She does wonder if the salt is too much? Guessing at serving size.
Top Review by Boomette
The cake is very easy to do. I used only 1/2 cup of sugar. Perfect that way. I used halved pecans instead of walnuts. 30 minutes in oven and it was perfect. Thanks WiGal :) Made for Photo tag
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 3⁄4 cups zucchini, peeling on shredded drained
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine eggs, sugar, oil, lemon juice, zest; beat well.
- Add zucchini and mix well.
- Sift the dry ingredients into small bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients into the zucchini mixture.
- Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9" by 13" pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes, or until done.
- Cool and dust with powdered sugar.