Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from Governor William J. Janklow of South Dakota
- 2 cups oil
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 cups zucchini (grated with no peels)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 6 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 lemons
- Put 2 whole lemons (cut off ends and take seeds out but leave skin on) in food processor. Add enough Zucchini to make 4 cups.
- Beat in eggs, oil, vanilla and lemon extract. Mix well. Add dry ingredients.
- Grease and flour 5 big loaf pans. Bake for 60 minutes at 350 degrees. When loaves are cool, drizzle with glaze.
- Glaze:Mix 1 cup powdered sugar with enough lemon juice to dissolve sugar. Then add about 1 teaspoon of melted butter. Drizzle over cooled loaves.
My sister LOVED this recipe! She passed away last September. She made this every week last summer after I shared your recipe and once her zucchini was ready to harvest. She had a distribution list of friends, neighbors, and family who waited eagerly for baking day. I'm sorry for the late review, but I had forgotten about it until her S/I/L asked for the recipe, because she lived next door to my sis and was lucky enough to get a loaf every week. Thanks for sharing this recipe. It truly is a keeper.