Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Lecso is of a Hungarian origin, and the original version contains a lot of those small, very hot peppers. I prefer a milder version.
- 3 sweet peppers
- 5 big tomatoes
- 200 g champignon mushrooms (or other mushrooms)
- 1 medium zucchini (about 80dag)
- 200 g tomato paste
- 2 big onions
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- vegetable oil (for frying) or olive oil (for frying)
- 1 teaspoon gound paprika (or 5, 6 whole piment)
- salt and pepper
- Chop all the vegetables.
- Fry them separately for 3-5 minutes on a medium heat, then put them in a large pot.
- When they all are in the pot, mix them, add garlic and tomato paste.
- If the mixture is too thick, add a little water.
- Add piment, salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 20 minutes on a low heat.
- Serve in small bowls, along with rice, meat, or actually whatever you like.