Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A different take on the old Chanukah standard.
Make and share this Zucchini Latkes recipe from Food.com.
- Wash zucchini and cut off ends, but do not peel.
- Grate zucchini into a bowl, sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Drain or squeeze out the liquid.
- In a large bowl: Mix zucchini, eggs, sugar, baking powder, matzoh meal and 1 Tablespoon oil and blend well.
- Add salt to taste.
- Heat oil in skillet: Drop zucchini mixture by Tablespoonfuls into pan.
- Brown on both sides.
- Serve with applesauce, if desired.
This is really delicious. I added a grated sauteed onion so that it matched my ingredients in potato latkes. Wiithout adding salt, it is excellent for people who have kidney disease.
Everyone loved these, even vegetable haters! I used Splenda and egg whites, and I "fried" them in a pan sprayed with Pam. They fell apart a little, I think because of the Pam, but they tasted wonderful. Thanks for posting.
Even my sister who usually hates zucchini likes this one. I didn't use any oil (to cut down on the fat) when making this, and is was still excellent!