Recipe by mydesigirl
I don't eat beef so I sub ground turkey and no one ever notices...I'm sneaky!! :0)
Top Review by Marsha D.
This was a delicious recipe. I did change the baking around a bit. I never had good luck with dough when baking the whole dish together so what I did was, I took and covered the bottom of my baking dish with some of the dough mixture and baked it for 16 minutes(or until no longer wet inside) than topped it with a layer of meat mixture and cheese than layered rest of dough over top and baked another 20 minutes than topped the top with rest of meat mixture and cheese and baked until the cheese melted. Turned out GREAT! I also used some yellow squash along with some zucchini. I used Hunt's Garlic and Herb spaghetti sauce and omitted some of the seasonings since the sauce had been spiced up. Thanks for sharing a delicious recipe.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano flakes
- 3 cups Bisquick
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes, again
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ground beef and onions until brown and drain.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce,1 tablespoon parsley,oregano:heat until boiling.
- Mix Bisquick,cottage cheese,Parmesan cheese,milk,1 tablespoon parsley,basil until dough forms.
- Spread half of the dough in ungreased 9x13 inch pan.
- Cover with 1/2 of the zucchini,meat sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.