1/16 Photos of Zucchini Lasagna (Lasagne) - Low Carb
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
Great for anyone going low carb OR who has so many zucchini, they don't know what to do!! :) We found the sauce to be very mild. I think it would be better with twice as much garlic. I boiled my zucchini slices for about 3 minutes so they were partially cooked. I wanted to make sure they were soft in the finished dish or I knew the kids wouldn't eat them. ;) The cottage cheese provides a slightly tangy note. I think we would have preferred ricotta, but that is personal taste. I use my 11x7 baking dish and got 6 pieces the size of what you see in my photos. Both of the guys ate two so it fed 4 of us, and I double the meat. Adjust the recipe accordingly for your family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups zucchini, sliced lengthwise 1/4 inch thick (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef (I use 1 lb.)
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, cut up
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup low fat cottage cheese (or low fat or fat free ricotta)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (I use 8 oz. divided)
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1Cook zucchini until tender, drain and set aside. Fry meat and onions until meat is brown and onions are tender; drain fat. Add next 8 ingredients and bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered 10 minutes or until reduced to 2 cups.
- 3In small bowl slightly beat egg.
- 4Add cottage cheese, half of shredded cheese and flour.
- 5In (1 1/2-qt.) baking-roasting pan arrange half of the meat mixture. Top with half of the zucchini and all the cottage cheese mixture. Top with remaining meat and zucchini.
- 6Bake uncovered at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- 7Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer.
- 8Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Lasagna (Lasagne) - Low Carb
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.0
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 98.6 mg
- Sodium 630.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 24.4 g