Recipe by Small Town Cook
I love zucchini and sausage together. They complement each other very well. This is a wonderful dish! My kids ate it not realizing it was zucchini. We actually prefer this to using lasagna noodles.
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced thin
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 lb sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (16 ounce) container cottage cheese (can use ricotta)
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray pam on 9x13 pan.
- In frypan heat up butter. Fry zucchini slices until crisp and tender.
- In bowl, combine sauce (reserve 1/4 cup for bottom of pan), sausage, 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, egg, cottage cheese and mushrooms.
- In pan, spread 1/4 cup of sauce.
- Layer 1/3 of the zucchini, 1/3 of the mixture and 1 cup mozzerella cheese.
- Repeat 2 more times.
- Sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes.