Recipe by CookingSandefer
Be brave and give this yummy recipe a try. This recipe comes from Machias, NY home of the annual Zucchini Festival. Ground turkey can be used instead of ground beef.
Top Review by Chef Raasch
I've been craving lasanga, and this hit the spot! I used a four cheese spaghetti sauce and added garlic powder to taste. It was very easy to make and my family thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 15 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef and onion, drain.
- Add in spaghetti sauce and spices. Bring to a boil; simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice zucchini crosswise into 1/4 inch slices. (These are the lasagna "noodles").
- In a small bowl combine cottage cheese and egg.
- In a GREASED 12x8x2 baking dish, place half the zucchini and sprinkle with half the flour. Top with the cottage cheese mixture and half of the meat mixture.
- Put remaining zucchini and flour on top. Sprinkle with the remaining meat mixture then the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 40 min or until heated through.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with additional cheese, if desired.
- To cut more easily, let stand 10 minutes before serving.