Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a lasagna that has no meat in it, just zucchini. It does use noodles too!! From Everyday Food.
- olive oil, for greasing the dish
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)
- Prheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Lightly oil an 8-inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese and ricotta. Season with salt and pepper.
- In another medium bowl, combine the zucchini, garlic, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
- Spread 1/3 of the zucchini mixture in the prepared baking dish.
- Top with 2 lasagna noodles, then 1/3 of the ricotta mixture.
- Repeat twice with the remaining zucchini mixture, noodles, and ricotta mixture; finishing with the ricotta mixture.
- Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake until bubbly and noodles are tender, about 30-35 minute.
- Remove the foil and bake until golden brown, about 15-20 min more.
- Let stand for 10 min before serving.
This was really good. I changed the shredded mozzarella to half shredded cheddar and half shredded swiss because that is all I had. An excellent lasagna recipe.