Colorado Lauralee's Note:
A great way to use the summers bounty of zucchini.......... healthy and lower calorie and carbs than the usual. The zucchini slices are the lasagna noodles! Try it, you'll like it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -6 zucchini, ends trimmed, cut lengthwise 1/4 " thick
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 15 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 quart spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1Cover zucchini lightly with flour, then dip in eggs, then in seasoned bread crumbs.
- 2Mix riccota cheese, parmesan cheese and left over egg (or 1 egg) and fresh parsley together.
- 3Pour 1 cup spaghetti sauce in bottom of glass baking dish (11 3/4" x 7 1/2").
- 4Top with a layer of zucchini, then a layer of cheese mixture and 1/3 of mozarella cheese.
- 5Repeat 2 times.
- 6Bake at 375* for 35 TO 40 minutes.
- 7Add a dinner roll and salad and you have a very nice meal.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (440 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 653.8
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 185.1 mg
- Sodium 2068.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 20.1 g
- Protein 43.1 g