Recipe by Colorado Lauralee
A great way to use the summers bounty of zucchini.......... healthy and lower calorie and carbs than the usual. The zucchini slices are the lasagna noodles! Try it, you'll like it!
- 4 -6 zucchini, ends trimmed, cut lengthwise 1/4 " thick
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 15 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly shredded
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 quart spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover zucchini lightly with flour, then dip in eggs, then in seasoned bread crumbs.
- Mix riccota cheese, parmesan cheese and left over egg (or 1 egg) and fresh parsley together.
- Pour 1 cup spaghetti sauce in bottom of glass baking dish (11 3/4" x 7 1/2").
- Top with a layer of zucchini, then a layer of cheese mixture and 1/3 of mozarella cheese.
- Repeat 2 times.
- Bake at 375* for 35 TO 40 minutes.
- Add a dinner roll and salad and you have a very nice meal.