Recipe by Charlotte J
If you are like me you look for anyway to use your zucchini. This recipe came from the Cooking in the Valley (1874-1999) 125th Anniversary Cookbook of Ebenezer Lutheran Church.
- 6 cups zucchini (ground)
- 6 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice or 1 tablespoon lemon concentrate
- 1 can crushed pineapple (large can with juice)
- 2 packages apricot gelatin
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the zucchini and sugar for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir continuously so the mixture does not burn.
- Add lemon juice and pineapple and boil 6 minutes together with the boiled zucchini mixture.
- Remove from heat and add 2 packages apricot jello.
- Cover with paraffin wax and then cover with jar cover and seal.
- I just cover the jar with a lid and store in the refrigerator.