Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another way to use that abundant zucchini
- 6 cups ground zucchini, use food processor
- 6 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups drained crushed pineapple
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 drops red and yellow food coloring
- 1 (3 ounce) pkd apricot gelatin
- Peel zucchini and remove seeds, grind.
- Drain 15 minutes in a colander over a bowl. combine all ingredients except gelatin, and boil for 20 minutes.
- Add gelatin.
- Stir well and fill jars.
- Seal with lids.
This is great, I love pineapple jam but find it hard to come by in Oz. I did a half batch, didn't bother peeling zucchini as I don't mind the green flecks and used alittle more yellow colouring, I also used a pkt of low joule pineapple jelly for a bigger pineapple flavour & this was fabulous, a keeper, thankyou!
This is an excellent jam You can use shredded zucchini that has been frozen. Thaw,drain and use.I used the pineapple juice added one more cup of water and then another pack of jello. Make more and was wonderful!