Recipe by Trinkets
This is just what I created for breakfast this morning. It's summer so we're having zucchini for breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks and in our dreams. Throw in whatever cheese you have on hand. Don't have jalapenos? Use fresh herbs. Anything goes!
- 1 large zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 onion, quartered and sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and membranes removed, then chopped
- 1 -2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Saute the onion, zucchini and jalapeno until soft.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Beat your eggs into a large (4-6 Cup) measuring bowl.
- Add enough milk or cream to measure 2 cups.
- In a deep pie dish spread evenly out the zucchini mixture, top that with the cheese and pour the egg mixture over it all.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes, or until the middle is no longer shaky.
- Remove from the oven and let rest about 5 minutes before cutting into it.