Recipe by Gingerbee
This heavy healthy vegetable stew is from an old family recipe. Served alone or as a side dish, it can be made in advance, as the taste develops as it rests. This substantial meal is easy to make and tastes great! Enjoy.
- 5 large zucchini (small cubed)
- 5 large potatoes (small cubed)
- 2 large onions (finely chopped)
- 6 cloves fresh garlic (coarsely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1 can plum tomato
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil or 1⁄4 cup fresh chopped basil
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large dutch oven or pressure cooker, over medium heat saute onions and garlic in oil for 2 minutes.
- Add cubed potatoes, salt, pepper, parsley and tomates, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add zucchini and continue cooking until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Remove from the heat and allow rest.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with grated cheese.
- Using a whipping motion, intergrate the egg mixture into the zucchini.
- The eggs will quickly cook and mixture will become thick.
- A one dish meal served with a salad and a crusty country loaf.