Recipe by Pets'R'us
This is a simple Bulgarian recipe and nice when served with grilled meats. If you want you can spice it up by adding some hot sauce to the yogurt.It is difficult to give the right amount of yogurt, it will depend on the size of zucchini. Cooling time not included.
Top Review by Latchy
This is really a great recipe, do think you have to watch the size of zucchini to the yoghurt dressing. I cooked the zucchini and drained on a paper towel then put in a dish and then added the yoghurt with the garlic and dill, didn't measure just added enough to make it good. I had this with Perfect Boiled Shrimp recipe #112889 and it blended perfectly. Thanks
- 2 -3 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons plain flour, for dusting
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, i always try not to use more but the zucchini will quickly absorb it at first. (for frying)
- 1 3⁄4 cups thick plain yogurt (more or less, see intro)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed, more if you like
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped dill
- hot sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the zucchini in a colander, sprinkle with salt and leave in the sink or over a plate for approx 20 minutes Dry the zucchini slices on kitchen paper then toss and coat with flour on all sides.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan until very hot then add the zucchini slices and fry on both sides until golden brown.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Place the garlic, dill, hot sauce if using, yogurt in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Place the yoghurt in a wide shallow serving dish and top with the drained zucchini.
- Gently mix.
- Taste or you want to add more salt.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.