Prep 8 mins
Cook 8 mins
A great low-cholesterol way to enjoy vegetables this summer! Recipe souce is "The Gourmet's Low-Cholesterol Cookbook". We have been enjoying this dish for years.
- 3 tablespoons polyunsaturated oil
- 1 lb zucchini, washed unpeeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced in thirds vertically
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet.
- Add zucchini, onion and garlic and saute over medium heat, turning often, until zucchini is lightly browned on both sides and onion is golden (about 3 to 5 minutes).
- Add mushrooms and thyme.
- Saute for 2 more minutes or until zucchini is crisply tender.
- Add the wine.
- Cook, stirring, over medium heat until wine is somewhat reduced, about 1 minute.
Quick and easy to make. Went well with the Red Wine Casserole #48835.