Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Gourmet. June 1990
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- In a small bowl whisk together the sugar, the salt, the lemon juice, and the oil. Transfer the vinaigrette to a skillet, bring it to a boil, and add the zucchini, stirring to coat it with the dressing.
- Simmer the zucchini for 3 minutes, or until it is crisp-tender, stir in the mint, and let the zucchini cool in the dressing.
- Serve the zucchini at room temperature.