Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
We love this! It's not exactly figure-friendly but zucchini season only comes once a year. You can use more zucchini than the amount called for, depending on the amount available to you and/or how far you want to stretch the recipe. This makes a wonderful (vegetarian) main course, or beautifully accompanies pork, chicken, beef, fish as a side dish. Add a green salad and some crusty bread...Heaven!
- 4 cups zucchini, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, diced fine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise (you can use reduced fat mayo if you want)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (I use the kind that comes pre-grated)
- Heat vegetable in a large fry pan over med-high heat.
- Stir in zucchini and onion and cook just until veggies are tender crisp, stirring frequently - about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl stir together the mayo, eggs and parmesan cheese.
- Add the veggies to the mayo mixture and stir just until veggies are mixed-in.
- Grease (or spray) an 8 x 8 pan or the equivalent. (I have a medium sized souffle dish I like to use.).
- Pour zucchini mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 - 30 minutes, or until golden brown and "set".
Loved it. It stayed moist after baking and wasn't overly "eggy." The parmesan cheese was perfect for this. I loved that the cheese was throughout and not just on top. I used a combination of green and yellow zucchini. The only thing I added was a little salt and pepper. Loved it; thanx!