Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This recipe comes from a Home Cooking magazine. I make it quite a lot, especially in the fall when there is lots of zucchini around, it has a wonderful honey taste, and very moist.
Top Review by ladypit
Oh wow, we really enjoyed this. I had a zuch. from the garden that needed to be used, and a really large container of honey just calling my name, so this was perfect. I subbed chocolate chips for the raisins but otherwise made as written. Mine needed about 10 more minutes of baking but it was moist and very flavorful. Not overly sweet but with a nice mellow flavor.
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups liquid honey
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups finely shredded zucchini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped nuts or 1 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Set oven rack to second lowest position.
- Oil and flour 2 medium or 3 mini loaf pans.
- In a mixing bowl using an electric mixer beat eggs well; add honey and oil, beat until well combined.
- Add zucchini and vanilla, mix.
- Sift dry ingredients, then add to egg mixture.
- Fold in nuts or raisins.
- Pour batter into prepared pan about 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until cake tests done.