Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A vegetarian Posole!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup of mild green chili pepper
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups of cooked yellow hominy
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Saute the onion and garlic in oil for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini and green chiles and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, another 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer, covered, over low heat for 45 minutes.
Ok, not everyone in my household like zucchini or hominy, but I made this for me and I love, love, love it! It makes great lunch the next day. I cut down the green chilis to about 1/3 because I like the taste in the background. Otherwise, this recipe was as-is for me. I put parmesan cheese over the top once heated (on a bowl-by-bowl basis) and that really rounded out the flavors!! YUMMY!