Prep 1 hr
Cook 24 hrs
This on is a little different than others I've tried, all the herbs are fresh and it makes a lot more. Great with crackers and fresh cut veggies and even on sandwiches! I found this one long ago in TOH.
- Line a mixing bowl with a double thickness of cheesecloth.
- Coarsely shred zucchini into prepared bowl.
- Sprinkle with vinegar, sugar and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Toss gently; cover with towel and set aside for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor with the chopping blade, mince parsley and chives.
- Gather ends of cheesecloth, squeezing out as much liquid as possible.
- Add drained zucchini to food processor and process until pureed.
- Add cheese, pepper and remaining salt; process until smooth.
- Press pate into small bowl or pretty mold. Cover and refrigerate overnight.