Recipe by dicentra
These are an excellent way to use up all that zucchini that has threatened to take over your garden. I took these to work and they were a huge hit. A variety of herbs would work. Try oregano or thyme for a little variety.
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded zucchini, seeds removed
- 4 tablespoons dried basil (Yes, it will look like a lot. Don't worry it isn't too much!)
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 18 muffin tins with butter or shortening.
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Stir in milk and oil.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix dry ingredients into egg mixture, just until moistened. Batter should not be completely smooth.
- Gently fold in zucchini and basil.
- Fill greased muffin tins ¾ full. Sprinkle each with cheese.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until done. Remove from pan and serve warm.