Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this recipe from and very good friend of mine. My friend made this crustless and it is very good this way also. This recipe can be prepared ahead of time.
- 1⁄2 lb hamburger
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and sliced or an 8 ounce can of whole tomatoes sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- pastry crust
- Brown hamburger with onion and dry seasoning.
- Line a large, deep pie pan with pastry crust.
- Slice2 zucchini and alternate with layers of meat mixture into the pie crust.
- Top with tomato slices.
- If the tomatoes are not juicy and ripe, add a bit of tomato juice.
- You may use an 8 ounce can of whole tomatoes sliced.
- Top with pastry, cut a small hole and dust with pepper.
- Bake in a 350'F.
- If you are going to make this recipe crustless, you can make in a square baking pan.
- This recipe freezes superbly.
I followed the recipe (crustless) as exact as I could. I used the canned tomatoes. I wasn't sure whether "dry seasonings" included the bread crumbs and cheese, so i added those on top. I put salt and pepper on each layer, and it was totally tasteless. Sorry, but as much as I'd like to, I just can't give this a better rating on this end.
I prepared this crustless and found it very easy to make and it tastes wonderful.
Good. Easy. I used only a crust on the top.