Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from and very good friend of mine. My friend made this crustless and it is very good this way also. This recipe can be prepared ahead of time.
- 1⁄2 lb hamburger
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and sliced or an 8 ounce can of whole tomatoes sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- pastry crust
- Brown hamburger with onion and dry seasoning.
- Line a large, deep pie pan with pastry crust.
- Slice2 zucchini and alternate with layers of meat mixture into the pie crust.
- Top with tomato slices.
- If the tomatoes are not juicy and ripe, add a bit of tomato juice.
- You may use an 8 ounce can of whole tomatoes sliced.
- Top with pastry, cut a small hole and dust with pepper.
- Bake in a 350'F.
- If you are going to make this recipe crustless, you can make in a square baking pan.
- This recipe freezes superbly.