Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is nice for casual lunch entertaining. From Donna Hay.
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 20 g butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- sea salt
- cracked pepper
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup basil leaves, torn
- 75 g leg ham, torn
- 1 zucchini, cut into long thin strips
- vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- Whisk together the flour, eggs, butter, milk, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Fold through the ricotta, basil, ham and zucchini.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a small, non-stick frypan over medium heat.
- Add half of the mixture to the pan and cook for about 4 minutes each side. Set aside.
- Repeat with 2 tablespoons of oil and the rest of the mixture.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
I made this for a for a snack to share among the family for afternoon tea. A thick savoury pancake almost scone flavour. The kids enjoyed, served with chutney. Would be really nice to add some shallot for a bit of edge. Recommend going heavy on the pepper. 1st of 3 recipes reviewed for PAC 2012