Recipe by Calms79
I was given a whole heap of zucchini and made various slices out of them. This one turned out great and is a change from the usual zucchini, bacon and carrot version. Cheese can be easily added to suit your own tastes. Other veggies such as broccoli and capsicum work too. Inspired by an Aussie cooking mag.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced finely
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon mixed Italian herbs
- 100 g shaved ham, sliced finely
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 3 medium zucchini, grated
- 350 g butternut pumpkin, grated
- 1⁄3 cup plain flour
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200C (180C Fan forced). Line a 20cm square baking pan with baking paper.
- Heat oil in pan over moderate heat. Cook onion and garlic, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add ham and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Whisk eggs with milk in large bowl. Add zucchini, pumpkin, and ham mixture. Fold flour through mix and season with Italian herbs and salt & pepper to taste. Spoon mix into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35- 40 minute, until slice is golden and set. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan before slicing.